Exercise physiologists are experts in the management of chronic health conditions, rehabilitation from injury and surgery, and issues related to ageing.
Just some of the conditions/reasons you may see an EP for include:
- Diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Cardiovascular disease
- Falls prevention & balance improvement
- Osteoporosis & bone density issues
- Obesity and weight management
- Different forms of cancer
- Depression, anxiety & mental health conditions
- Chronic respiratory diseases including COPD & Asthma
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Strength and conditioning
At Castlemaine Physiotherapy, you can book in directly with an Exercise Physiologist, or you may see one in conjunction with your physiotherapist or other health professionals as part of a multi-disciplinary approach to the management of your health and recovery.
Exercise Physiologists can be seen by anyone, though several programs exist to help get you started as well. There are schemes covered under Medicare, including one specifically for diabetes management. EP’s see clients under NDIS, DVA, along with TAC and Work Cover for capacity building, along with exercise as part of injury rehabilitation, and for return to work, sport, or activities of everyday life.
For all enquires please contact our office, or talk to your physiotherapist, or GP. Referrals not needed for private clients though will be required for those being covered under Medicare schemes and DVA.